Climate change is one of the biggest problems facing us today and whilst it may look like a daunting task to stop it, we can all do our bit to reduce our Carbon footprint and be more energy conscious.
Energy Saving tips:
* Turn your heating down by 1 degree to cut 10% off your heating bill
* Turn off all lights and electrical appliances - right off, don’t just leave them on standby
* Use energy efficient light bulbs
* Only heat the amount of water that you need in the kettle
* Make sure you do a full load of washing
* Clothes the curtains in the evening to conserve heat
For more information about energy saving, climate change and reducing your carbon footprint and why it is important try some of the links below:
Energy Saving Trust
Inter hall Competition
In conjunction with the University the Student Union has for the second year run an inter hall energy saving competition.
The Inter hall Energy Competition Winners the 24% energy saving made by winning Hall AKD was tremendous! In the picture is our Ethics & Environment Officer, Alba Brown and the University's Energy Management Engineer, David Jordan.See the picture
Some environmental groups that you might like to get involved in:
Going Carbon Neutral Stirling
more coming soon.....